....................

....................

mardi 6 mars 2012

Marary aho: I am ill

I am ill...Marary aho.



Dialogue 1:
A-Handeha ho any amin’ny dokotera aho.
I need to go to the doctor's office.
B-Fa maninona ianao?
What seems to be the problem with you?
A-Manavy aho, sady marary an-doha.
I have got fever, and a headache.

Dialogue 2:
A-Dokotera ô, tsy fantatro fa mafana be aho, dia vizana. Fa maninona aho?
Doctor, I don't know but I've got temperature, and I'm exhausted.
What is the matter with me?
B-Angamba ve voan’ny bemangovitra?
Maybe you've got paludism?

Dialogue 3:
A-Maninona eto ianao?
What are you doing here?
B-Milahatra ho ato amin’ny hopitaly aho hijery dokotera.
I'm queuing at the hospital to see a doctor.
A-Fa inona no marary anao?
Do you have any symptoms?
B-Ohatra ny marary fotsiny aho.
I just feel sick.

Other expressions:

Mila manao bilan: I need to do a check-up.
Mila manao radio tratra: I need a chest x-ray
Maka ra: to make a blood test
Mandoa: I vomit
Mangovitra: I shiver
Mila tsindrona: I need an injection.
Nijery dokotera: I have been to the doctor's
Tsy mahahinakanina: I lost my appetite